A marriage license must be from the state you get married in. This is because a marriage license cannot be transferred from nation to state.
For the majority of the states, couples will follow for the licenses in the county clerk’s workplace of the state that they stay in. For non-citizens, you can get their marriage license within the country they get married in.
It is consequently necessary for couples to understand well earlier than their wedding ceremony dates the marriage license necessities.
These may additionally vary from one state to another however majorly they include:
Both parties (spouse 1 and spouse 2) must be age 18 or over and have to apply in man or woman on the equal time.
two forms of identity may be required, defined below.
The first shape of identity required is a valid photograph identity issued utilizing the federal or state government.
The photograph identification needs to have the correct legal name, date of start and signature of the applicant.
The following legitimate proofs of picture identifications are customary:
- Driver’s license (U.S. kingdom or government)
- U.S. Military identity
- State identification card (U.S. country or government)
- Alien registration card
Electronic Marriage License Application
EMarriage is a web marriage license pre-application application that will prevent time when making use of for a marriage license with the Duval County Clerk’s Office.
By using eMarriage software, you are filling out, at your convenience, all of the vital records required by the State of Florida to obtain a marriage license. You keep time due to the fact you may not fill out a paper marriage license application on the Clerk’s Office.
Your online application is legitimate for 60 calendar days from the day it’s far submitted.
Please note you should recognize the exact date of divorce and there is a mandatory three day waiting for the duration for Florida citizens that have now not completed a premarital preparation path from a qualified route issuer registered with the Duval County Clerk of Court.
The three-day wait begins as soon as the applicants seem in the front of the marriage license clerk to finish the application process.
Using the eMarriage Application System
- Read the disclaimer to understand that by using filling out the net application, you have to still appear earlier than the Clerk and meet the State of Florida’s necessities for a wedding license. Simply completing the online form does not imply you’re married.
- Enter data in all the required fields and submit. Your information will cross into the Clerk’s queue.
- You will receive an on-screen confirmation that you have successfully finished the online application.
- Within 60 days of completing the web utility, both parties have to come collectively to the Marriage License with right identification and form of payment.
- The three (3) day ready period does not begin until the couple appears before a marriage license clerk to finish the software process.
- At that time, the Clerk will decide if your utility can be universal or rejected.